Introduction About Our Institute
APDCH was started in 2005 as a Constituent of the Adhiparasakthi Charitable, Medical, Educational and Cultural Trust (ACMEC), which was established in 1978 by Arulthiru. Padmashri Bangaru Adigalar. APDCH is located in the holy land of Melmaruvathur almost 100 kilometers south of Chennai along NH-45. BDS program with the intake of 100 seats was approved by ministry of Health and Family welfare, Govt.of India, Dental Council of India and is affiliated to Tamilnadu Dr. M.G. R Medical University, Chennai. APDCH got its final BDS recognition in the year 2010.
Post-Graduation Courses were started in 2015-2016 in Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Prosthodontics Crown and Bridge, Periodontics, Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral pathology and Microbiology. All the PG programs got its final Recognition in 2018. In Current academic Year 2021-2022 PG program in Pedodontics has been started with three seats.
APDCH was established with a noble cause of providing affordable dental care to the downtrodden and weaker section of the society and also to provide education with social, cultural and spiritual values; the motto being “Your smile Our pride” and “Learn and Lead.” In this journey of sixteen years APDCH catered the dental needs of more than a million people, eleven batches of BDS and three batches of MDS students have successfully graduated and are currently serving dental needs of the society.
APDCH received accreditations like ISO 9001:2015, NAAC with CGPA of 2.65 on four-point scale at ‘B’ Grade since 2015 and we are one among few dental institutions to have NABH (2020 – 2023) accreditation. This is the result of our commitment to maintain quality standards in imparting dental education and patient services.
APDCH went paperless in 2017 using the most advanced high end digital Hospital and College Information System (HIS and CIS). It has been indigenously developed for Students, Staff, Parents and with Community access.
APDCH Students are fortunate to get in campus training with exposure to patients of 1000 bedded multispecialty medical hospital of Melmaruvathur Adhiparasakthi Institute of Medical Science & Research a member of ACMEC Trust.
We APDCians whole heartedly welcome you to experience the ambience, serenity of sowed land, good connectivity, pollution free environment, distraction free surroundings conducive for learning, excellent infra structure, accessible medical college, surplus patients, experienced teaching faculties and excellent library facilities. Upgradation with the latest equipments and technologies like CBCT, CAD CAM and 3D printing undoubtedly makes APDCH a regional leader and global player in Dentistry.
To emerge as a world class institution in creating and imparting knowledge, Providing students a unique learning experience in dentistry with the state of the art technology along with value education, that will
- Empower students for the betterment of their own future and
- For the well being of the mankind.
- To render the services to the poor and needy population.
- To provide meaningful high education from undergraduate to post-doctoral programmes, research and training.
- To impart higher technical skills, experiences and specialized academic excellence to the students thereby fostering innovation and generating new knowledge.
- To create a rich and pleasant environment for studying, living and working where education and research go hand in hand flourishingly.
- To serve the under-served, nurture learner centric quality dental education, quality patient oriented service, community centered research, excellence in knowledge, skills and strategic future oriented planning that meets the national, global dental educational standards.
Quality Policy & Objective
- We at, Adhiparasakthi Dental College & Hospital, Melmaruvathur, are Committed to provide value-based Dental Education to create a centre of excellence in clinical and academic systems by fulfilling the requirements of Dental Council of India and The Tamilnadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University norms.
- We are committed to provide innovative and qualitative patient services which meets the needs & expectations of our interested parties in order to establish an internationally recognized institution.
- We are also committed to continual improvement of our Quality Management System of faculty competency, infrastructure, academic and research facilities to create an environment to mould our students as leaders of Dentistry
Prof. Dr. V. Sudhakar, M.D.S.,
Committees for teaching learning process
Committees for student welfare
Committees for research
Committee for social service
Structure of committee
1. The institute takes effort to get the rank from NIRF. It is in the process of enrolling in National Institute of Ranking Framework (NIRF).
2. The institute is approaching the second cycle of NAAC after refining our working standards and meticulously upgrading in the field of dental education & research.
3. The institute is also in the process of PG seat expansion in the existing six specialties and also to start with MDS program in the department of Pedodontics.